OPEN DELTA EXCITATION SYSTEM
The DCA-220SSK generator is equipped with the state of the art " Open-Delta " excitation system. The open delta system consist of an electrically independent winding wound among stationary windings of the AC output section.There are four leads: A, B, C and D. During light loads, thepower to the Automatic Voltage Regulator (AVR) is supplied from the leads parallel connections of B&C. When loads increase, the AVR switches and accepts power from leads A&D. The output of leads A&D increase proportionally with load. This of adding the voltages to each phase provides better voltage response during heavy loads. The connections of the AVR to the AC output windings are for sensing only. No power is required from these windings. The open-delta design provides virtually unlimited excitation current, offering maximum motor starting capabilities. The excitation does not have a " fixed ceiling " and responds according the demands of the required load.
The DCA-220SSK is powered by a 4 cycle, water cooled, turbocharged KOMATSU Model SA6D125E-2 diesel engine. This engine is designed to meet every performance requirement for the generator.
ELECTRIC GOVERNOR SYSTEM
The electronic governor system replaces the standard mechanical governor system. The frequency regulation improves from ±3.0% regulation with the mechanical governor to ±0.25% regulation with the electronic governor system.
Water Separator Filter
The DCA-220SSK generator may be equipped with a "Water Fuel Separator". This unit is designed to prevent dirt, rust, algae, varnishes and water from entering the fuel system.
- Heavy duty, 4-cycle, direct injection, diesel engine provides maximum reliability.
- Brushless alternator reduces service and maintenance requirements and meets temperature rise standards for Class H insulation systems.
- Open delta excitation design provides virtually unlimited excitation for maximum motor starting capability.
- Automatic voltage regulator (AVR) provides precise regulation.
- Electronic Governor Control — maintains frequency to within ±0.25% from no load to full load.
- Full load acceptance of standby nameplate rating in one step (NFPA 110, para 5-13.2.6).
- Sound attenuated, weather resistant, steel housing provides operation at 68 dB(A) at 23 feet. Fully lockable enclosure allows safe unattended operation.
- Internal fuel tank with direct reading of fuel gauge.
- Seven stage powder coat paint system provides durability and weather protection.
- Fuel/water separator removes condensation from fuel for extended engine life. Panel mounted alarm light included.
- Complete engine analog instrumentation includes DC ammeter, oil pressure gauge, water temp. gauge, fuel level gauge, tachometer/hour meter, preheat indicator, emergency shutdown monitors
- Automatic start/stop control — automatically starts the generator set during a commercial power failure when used in conjunction with a transfer switch.
- Complete generator analog instrumentation includes voltage regulator control, ammeter phase selector switch, voltmeter phase selector switch, AC voltmeter, AC ammeter, frequency meter, panel light, and circuit breaker.
- Automatic safety shutdown system monitors the water temperature, engine oil pressure, overspeed and overcrank. Warning lights indicate abnormal conditions.
- Complete power panel. Fully covered; three-phase terminals and single phase receptacles allow fast and convenient hookup for most applications including temporary power boxes, tools and lighting equipment. The GFCI receptacles are NEMA 5-20, and the auxilillary outputs use CS6369 twistlock receptacles.
- Simultaneous single and three phase power.
- Voltage selector switch offers the operator a wide range of voltages that are manually selectable. Fine tuning of the output voltage can be accomplished by adjusting the voltage regulator control knob to obtain the desired voltage.
- EPA emissions certified - Interim Tier 3 emissions compliant.